The accommodation has been recently refurbished
to a high standard and comprises a family suite of two rooms and
private bathroom and a twin room en-suite.
The pub has a long history dating to the 14th
century. The pub was originally called the Apsis, later the Bull
and then the Abergavenny Arms when owned, until 1933, by Lord Abergavenny
whose estate is opposite the hotel. At one stage the area that is
now the lounge bar was used as the local court and the jail was
situated in the cellar below. There is reputed to be the ghost of
a coachman who died while staying at the inn in 1770. The law required
an inquest to be held and the house be closed until this happened.
The landlord took matters into his own hands, threw the body out
of the window into the street reporting a case of suicide and kept
the beer flowing!
The Abergavenny has two
bars, a non-smoking restaurant and an attractive beer garden.
Meals are served lunch and evening.