THE MINUTES OF FRANT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD AT FRANT MEMORIAL HALL ON WEDNESDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2007 AT 19:30

Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Hewes, Mrs Howell, Mrs Myers, Rowland and
Mrs Scarborough.
Also in attendance: County Cllr. Tidy, PCSO Laura Butcher and three members of the public.

1.             TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASON FOR ABSENCE
Apologies received from Cllrs. Burgess, Gray, Hall, Harris and Jeal; reasons noted and accepted.

2.             DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
None.

3.             TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD 15.08.07 AND THE PLANNING MEETING/EXTRA-ORDINARY MEETING 3.09.07 AS A TRUE RECORD
The minutes of the meetings held 15.08.07 and 3.09.07 were approved as a true record and signed.

4.             TO DETERMINE MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES FOR UPDATING AND NOTING
None.

5.             OPEN FORUM    
Concern over the planning application for Eridge Lodge which is not considered to be in keeping with the existing building. Increased traffic movements from the site will cause a hazard on A267. The proposed extension will cause a loss of privacy and view for residents in Lime Close.

Request for a traffic review in Bells Yew Green to try and slow traffic from the Lamberhurst direction. Exiting from the drive of the Old Post House is hazardous.
Cllrs acknowledge that there will be increased traffic movements and pedestrians from the new housing development; ESCC Highways to be consulted on possible traffic calming and safety measures.

6.             POLICE REPORT
Arrests made following a distraction burglary in Wadhurst.
Speed checks will be carried out in the area in the next few weeks.
Operation Crackdown, which was set up for reporting abandoned vehicles, has been extended to include reporting of anti-social driving.
During the last month there were two burglaries in Frant and road traffic accidents involving deer.
Information on the Police Property Act Fund. Local organisations can apply for up to £500 for community projects.

7.             TO RECEIVE THE COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
Flower memorials, which have been in place since the fatality at Riverhall Hill in December, have been cleared. Further tributes have now been placed at the site; the matter has been referred to ESCC.
The Mobile Council Office continues to be well used when it visits Frant each Tuesday morning.
A new mobile library is now in use.
A review has identified the need for an additional 47 permanent gypsy/traveller pitches in East Sussex and Brighton & Hove. 14 pitches are required in Brighton & Hove and 33 in East Sussex of which 16 will be in Wealden.
The recommendation will be submitted to SEERA and followed by a public consultation.

8.             TO RECEIVE THE DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
There has been considerable interest in the affordable homes at Massons and the Parish Council was asked to consider further sites.
A planning training session by WDC will be held 29.11 in Wadhurst.
WDC has achieved £237K Lottery funding for a mobile skate park and activity wall.
Concern that the Police were unable to respond to an incident at Balls Green, Withyham.

9.             HIGHWAYS AND LIGHTING ISSUES
To approve lighting repairs
None.

10.          PLANNING
To make recommendations about Planning Applications received
Planning application WD/2007/2550/F Eridge Lodge deferred to Planning Meeting 1.10.07.

11           ACTION POINTS
To approve maintenance work to trees on Frant Green
Site meeting held with Treeworks to discuss work required to the Sycamore on Frant Green. The tree is included within a Tree Preservation Order and an application is to be submitted to WDC for permission to carry out the work. Complaint from a resident that leaves from the tree cause a nuisance at his property; no branches overhang the boundary.

Treeworks to provide a quote for supplying three new Limes which will be planted in a semi-circle. The aim is to plant the trees during National Tree Week and to involve the school.
Attention is required to the Lime tree by the Bowling Green; a quote has been requested.

To consider WDC mobile youth play equipment
The WDC mobile youth play equipment has been provisionally booked for a session in October half term. Resolved that equipment should be placed on Frant Green to provide an activity for the youths of the parish.

12.          UPDATE ON PROPOSED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT AT BENHALL MILL ROAD
Public meeting held 10.09 to display plans and answer questions; over 100 people attended.
Chris Moore, Land Director at Charles Church, visited the hall at Bells Yew Green and play equipment at Frant. Quotes to be submitted to Charles Church for additional hall car parking and new play equipment as possible community projects.

13.          REPORT ON EMERGENCY PLANNING
Draft Emergency Planning document is being updated. Agreed to invite John Wood, WDC Emergency Planning Officer, to give a presentation on emergency planning.

14.          COMUNICATION
To consider methods of communication with residents and new arrivals to the parish and approve expenditure
A draft letter to new arrivals in the parish was reviewed. The format was approved and the final version will be delivered to new residents together with a copy of Parish Plus.

15.          FINANCE
To approve accounts payable
It was resolved to pay the following accounts:
£
AutoNat West voucher charge
6.50
DDEDF Energy street light maintenance charge
122.87
985Frant Memorial Hall hire 3.09
9.00
986Frant Memorial Hall hire 19.07
15.50
987Greenman Enterprise annual webmaster fee
235.00
988Playsafety Ltd play equipment inspection
81.08
989Wadhurst Parish Council computer use to 30.09
28.72
990Mazars External Audit fee 2006/07
334.88
991Z McGregor-Gould cleaning duties
86.66
992salary and expenses + quarterly expenses
562.95
993Post Office Ltd tax/NICs
183.48
Bank reconciliation at 3.09.07
Balance B/F
22899.42
Receipts
14996.01
payments
(10246.03)
27649.40
Current account
400.00
Business Reserve
27288.90
27688.90
Less unpresented items
974
15.50
981
15.00
985
9.00
27649.40

 

16.          CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTING
The following items of correspondence were discussed:

  1. Request from ESCC to discourage fly-posting advertising rug/carpet sales. Discussion on advertising within the parish and the problems of posters and A boards.
  2. Draft Wealden Design Guide has been issued. Document has been reviewed by Cllr. Hewes who is to attend the stakeholders meeting 27.09.07.
  3. Request for a Salvation Army textile recycling bank at Frant Memorial Hall; request has been forwarded to hall committee. Comment that there is already a textiles bank at the Abergavenny Arms.
  4. District/planning conference 21.11.07.
  5. Information on local grants forwarded from Wealden Community Support.

Remaining correspondence was dealt with during the course of the meeting and detailed on a separate list circulated to councillors.

17.          URGENT ISSUES AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CHAIRMAN FOR NOTING OR INCLUSION ON FUTURE AGENDA
None.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 20:48